To help our patients look and feel their best, McLean Dermatology offers a number of wrinkle treatments suitable for many skin types. Because every patient’s situation is unique, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Therefore, our providers dedicate special attention and effort to design a custom-tailored treatment plan for each patient. We will take the time to assess your concerns, analyze your facial structure and the current condition of your skin, and discuss all of the wrinkle treatment options that best suit your needs.
To schedule your treatment consultation, please give us a call at 703-356-5111, or send us an email through the Contact Form.
How Wrinkles Form
There are two major mechanisms responsible for the onset of wrinkles: depletion of the skin’s collagen support network, and repetitive facial expressions that create creases in the skin. In many cases, these two factors can also interplay for an exacerbated effect.
The depletion of collagen can be very frustrating for patients. When we are young, our skin is filled with collagen fibers that keep the skin elastic and provide it with support. As we age, various factors destroy some of the collagen fibers and cause the remaining ones to shrink. This leads to skin that is thinner and more likely to sag.
Repetitive facial expressions, like smiling and frowning, also contribute to wrinkle formation by causing the skin to crease in the same place over and over. Eventually, the creases can become pronounced-enough that even the smallest movement of facial muscles can make us look tired or angry.
Wrinkle Treatment Options
At McLean Dermatology we offer a wide range of wrinkle treatment options, many of which can even be combined to achieve enhanced results for our patients:
- Microneedling: This wrinkle treatment option is based on the idea of stimulating the growth of collagen by administering controlled micro damage to the skin. The procedure works by making shallow, microscopic punctures in the skin with tiny needles. This process causes the body’s immune system to respond by creating more collagen fibers in the area, thus increasing skin elasticity and reducing the appearance of wrinkles. For enhanced results, microneedling can be combined with serum infusions to the treatment area.
- Chemical Peels: Another great way to treat wrinkles is through chemical peel exfoliation. By promoting the shedding of dead skin cells and stimulating the growth of healthy skin, the expert providers at McLean Dermatology can help patients reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and even address brown spots at the same time.
- Botox: For patients struggling with expression lines, like crow’s feet or frown lines, we can utilize Botox and other neuromodulators (like Dysport) to relax facial muscles contributing to the issue. The results can last for several months and tend to improve with regular touch-up treatments
- Dermal Fillers: Because each patient’s situation is unique, McLean Dermatology offers a wide range of dermal fillers for treating wrinkles and facial volume loss. These filler wrinkle treatments reduce wrinkles by increasing support under the skin, and can be completed with absolutely no down time. For example, we’ve helped many patients treat lip wrinkles with fillers like Restylane Silk, and have achieved significant improvements in nasolabial folds with Sculptra.
- Photofacial: Some patients are great candidates for a photofacial to boost collagen production, tighten the skin, and remove hyperpigmentation. This procedure utilizes special pulses of light to heat up specific structures within the skin, which stimulates the body’s natural healing processes. Unlike laser skin treatments, a photofacial has virtually no down time and can often be completed during your lunch break.
These are just some of the many wrinkle treatments offered by the experienced and compassionate providers of McLean Dermatology. When you visit us for your consultation, we will make a careful assessment of your skin, answer all of your questions, and will help you create an individualized treatment plan custom-tailored to your needs.
Taking the First Step
If you’d like your outward appearance to better reflect how you feel inside, please get in touch with us to schedule a consultation. We’ll be glad to see you! Just give us a call at (703) 356-5111, schedule online, or send us a message through the Contact Form below.