McLean Dermatology and Skincare Center is a cutting-edge medical practice located ten minutes outside of Washington, DC in McLean, Virginia. Our board-certified dermatologists, Lily Talakoub, MD and Isabela Jones, MD, provide adult and pediatric dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, and skin cancer surgery. We also have a full-service medical spa through which our esthetician provides medical-grade spa services. Our goal is to provide comprehensive care to every client that is tailored to his or her individual needs.
We are always looking for talented, motivated colleagues and partners at McLean Dermatology and Skincare Center. As a teaching facility, we welcome individuals who aspire to learn about working in a clinical setting. Our facility is perfect for individuals considering bridge years before medical school, PA school, or nursing school, or anyone interested in working with patients.
At McLean Dermatology and Skincare Center, we pride ourselves on having a very interactive learning environment. Dr. Talakoub, known to her patients and students as “Dr. Lily,” is an Associate Professor at the VCU School of Medicine, through which she teaches medical students during dermatology clinical rotations. Additionally, Dr. Lily is a clinical educator for physician assistant students from George Washington University and Wake Forest University. Dr. Lily is also a national trainer for Allergan, the makers of Botox, Juvederm, Voluma, Kybella, and Latisse; she trains other practitioners on how to inject these products for a tasteful cosmetic outcome. Dr. Lily has also pioneered a training program for nurse practitioners to develop specialized training in medical and cosmetic dermatology.
Each of our team members has the opportunity to gain a wealth of clinical knowledge from our teaching environment. Additionally, employees are given hands-on training in the following areas:
- OSHA Training, including Bloodborne Pathogen and Hazard Communication Training
- HIPAA Training
- Seminars on Skincare Products, Cosmetic Products, Esthetic Services and Medical Devices
- Emergency Response Techniques
- Educational Writing
- Clinical Training
- Surgical Assisting
- Health Benefits
- 401K Options
- Malpractice Insurance
- On-Site Training
- Working with a great team
Send us your resume with a cover letter and a video introduction by emailing it to us here!
Current Job Openings
- Front Office Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Master Esthetician
- Eyelash Extension Specialist
- Registered Nurse
Front Office Assistant
With the growing patient volume, we are looking for an upbeat front office assistant to join our team. Our administrative team is a key factor in creating a warm and inviting atmosphere for our patients while also providing an excellent level of care.
Job responsibilities for our front office coordinator include:
- Answering telephone calls on a multi-line telephone system
- Scheduling appointments in cloud-based scheduling system
- Greeting patients and clients enthusiastically upon check-in
- Checking patients in before medical visits (insurance data entry)
- Performing transactions for retail products, copays, co-insurance payments, medical visits, and spa services
- Managing inventory of retail products
- Taking detailed messages from patients in electronic health records
- Updating medical records with insurance and demographic information
- Answering billing and insurance questions
- Performing miscellaneous administrative tasks (faxing, scanning, etc.)
- Communicating test results to patients
- Managing schedule of three healthcare providers, medical assistants, and one esthetician
The ideal candidate is:
This position may require Saturday hours.
One-year commitment required, long-term hires preferred
- Health Benefits
We are looking for a medical assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual who takes initiative to assist our provider in delivering excellent care to our patients. This position is ideal for someone with specific interest in moving forward in the medical field as a graduate (PA, nursing) or medical student because it is a very hands-on clinical role; however, plans for continued education are not required.
We are 100% electronic! Advanced experience with MAC computers and iPads is required. Previous hands-on experience working with patients is preferred but is not required; all candidates will be trained extensively and certified in CPR/BLS.
Training and duties will include:
- Performing patient interviews to collect health history and maintaining patient health records
- Assisting with medical procedures and examinations, including skin biopsies, surgeries, laser
- Scribing for our healthcare providers during medical examinations and procedures in electronic
- Performing blood draws, wound checks, dressing changes, and suture removals
- Bachelors degree from a four year university
- Interest in moving forward in the medical field
Bridge Year for Patient Care Experience
Working as a medical assistant provides an invaluable opportunity to gain direct patient-care experience. For individuals on a pre-medical track to continue education, educational opportunities are provided. We offer a 24-month program through which on-site clinical training is provided, in addition to educational seminars on skincare conditions, medical devices, and skincare products. Hands-on experience will be offered through the opportunity to scribe during real patient visits, in addition to the opportunity to develop clinical skill-sets and assist with surgical procedures.
A two-year contract is required for this role given the level of training.
Email us your resume!
We are looking for another master esthetician to join our team. The ideal candidate is eager to provide excellent services to every client and has knowledge of complex chemical peels, microneedling, and lasers. In-depth knowledge of the skin and skin types is required. The ideal candidate will also take initiative to promote spa services and retail products.
The Ideal Candidate is confident performing the following services independently:
- Chemical Peels of various strengths
- A variety of facials
- Eyebrow waxing and shaping
- Eyebrow and eyelash tinting
- Valid Master Esthetician License
- A three year commitment is required
Eyelash Extension Specialist
We are looking for a freelance eyelash extension specialist to join its team part time. This position will be part-time opportunity (1-2 days a week, Fridays or Saturdays); however, there is potential for growth if you are looking for full time work.
Flexible hours. Afternoon/evening/Saturday hours preferred to accommodate client schedules.
- One year of experience
- Valid Esthetician License and/or Eyelash Extension Certification
We are expanding so we are looking for a nurse to join our team. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual who takes initiative to assist our providers in delivering excellent care to our patients. This position is ideal for someone with interest in performing clinical duties and growing into a management role.
We are 100% electronic! Advanced experience with MAC computers and iPads is required. Previous hands-on experience in dermatology is preferred. All candidates will be trained extensively.
Training and duties will include:
– Performing patient interviews to collect health history and maintaining patient health records
– Assisting with medical procedures and examinations, including skin biopsies, excisions, laser treatments, etc. in a fast-paced environment
– Medical scribing for our healthcare providers during medical examinations and procedures in electronic health records
– Performing clinical tasks, such as performing blood draws, wound checks, dressing changes, suture removals, etc.
– Performing non-invasive skin tightening treatments, laser treatments, and CoolSculpting treatments.
Please note: this not a cosmetic/nurse injector role.
This position will require occasional Saturday hours.
– Previous experience in dermatology
– 3-5 years of work experience as a registered nurse
– Health benefits